Shopping cart is what most people think of when they think of sales on the internet. They understand that there must be a place where things are complied before they can be totaled and paid for.
In recent years, the number of online shoppers has skyrocketed; every year, millions of people choose online shopping over conventional brick and mortar shopping. As part of your website development, one of the most important items to add is your cart.
- Adding a cart for shoppers to your website is very important because it allows the customer to add multiple items to their purchase. In previous years before the software was created, shoppers would have to purchase each item separately or fill out an order form and send it to the online store by email. It was a long and frustrating process.
- The creation and inception of this online software has catapulted online sales; it is estimated that 83% of Americans have tried online shopping at least once and the number of repeat shoppers has risen substantially and will continue to rise.
- A shopping cart does more then just add products to your cart for purchase, it also allows you to save your purchases before checkout and creates a history of the purchases you have made
- It gives the shopper the opportunity to delete purchases without having to delete the entire order and start over again or to change the color or size of a selection.
- The cart software allows the seller to keep track of orders and inventory and track what items are good sellers and which items should be removed from the inventory
- Shopping software creates a history of recently viewed items
- It also creates a list of items related to those you have viewed
You will want to choose a shopping cart solution that is best for your site and product.
Ebusiness Consultant > Shopping Cart